And one of these days I'm going to have to push on through with my blog on the Drake family, which will include one of the Black Canaries and her daughter, another Black Canary: a famous detective and his "Black Sheep" brother Lefty, a Robin and an X man, all out of the same family surnamed Dragon whose most famous ancestor was a British Pirate that beat out the Spanish Armada and circumnavigated the world, and just possibly the most infamous vampire of all times before him
Sir Francis Drake (1540–1596) was an Elizabethan privateer and naval hero.
Francis Drake may also refer to:
- Francis Drake (died 1634) (1573–1634), MP for Sandwich (UK Parliament constituency); nephew of the privateer Francis Drake and Sir Richard Grenville
- Sir Francis Drake, 1st Baronet (1588-1637), nephew of the naval hero
- Sir Francis Drake, 2nd Baronet (1617-1662), son of 1st Baronet
- Sir Francis Drake, 3rd Baronet (1642-1718), nephew of 2nd Baronet
- Sir Francis Henry Drake, 4th Baronet (1694–1740), son of 3rd Baronet; MP for Tavistock (UK Parliament constituency)
- Francis Drake (antiquary) (1696–1771), English antiquary and surgeon
- Francis William Drake (1724–1787), third son of Francis Henry; British Admiral and Governor of Newfoundland
- Sir Francis Samuel Drake, 1st Baronet (1729-1789), fourth son of Francis Henry; British Admiral
- Francis Drake (diplomat) (1764–1821), British diplomat
- Francis M. Drake (1830–1903), American politician
- Frances Drake (1912–2000), American actress
Sir Francis Drake lived a century after the original lifetime of Dracula (Vlad the Impaler)
(The famous Vampire Dracula is a SON of Vlad the Impaler as is specified in several sources, and a "Count" is several ranks below Vlad's actual status (as "Prince"). Presumably this was not a very important son and not actually an heir. Vlad II did have sons who succeeded him. See the chart at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Wallachia )
Dinah Drake Lance and Dinah Lance
The original Black Canary was active in the 1940s and 1950s, with some continuity into the 1960s.The daughter Canary was an adult by 1970 (details are vague) and continued active until 2000, but there were other different Black Canaries also active by that time.
|Alfred Eisenstaedt poses with beauty culturist and the first woman to star in her own|
daily exercise TV show, Debbie Drake, 1962. Debbie Drake was an operative for her cousin
Paul Drake and became a pretty good Private Eye on her own secretly.
Paul Drake, Private Eye, seen above with Perry Mason
His Cousin, Kerry Drake, closely resembles him.
Kerry's brother ex-con Lefty had a slightly different look